Serve over cooked noodles or rice.
Recipe provided by Dairy Farmers of Canada ©
4 servings / 35 min
Prep 10 min / Cook 25 min
- 15 mL (1 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 500 mL (2 cups) sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) pepper
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) low-sodium chicken stock
- 500 mL (2 cups) 1% milk, divided
- 500 g (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts, cut into 2.5 cm (1-inch) chunks
- 25 mL (2 tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 500 mL (2 cups) chopped asparagus or green beans
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, celery, onion and pepper, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until tender but not brown. Stir in stock; bring to boil.
- Stir in 375 mL (1-1/2 cups) of milk; bring just to simmer. Stir in chicken; reduce heat to low and barely simmer, stirring often, for 5 to 10 minutes or just until chicken is no longer pink inside. Push chicken and vegetables to one side of skillet.
- Whisk flour into remaining milk; whisk into sauce side of skillet. Stir to combine well. Increase heat to medium and bring just to a simmer, stirring often. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in asparagus and red pepper; simmer, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.