Recipe by: Foodland Ontario
Serve this easy but elegant recipe with a green salad or potatoes and maple carrots for a special spring celebration.
- 4 boneless skinless Ontario Chicken Breasts (150 g each)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chopped fresh Ontario Tarragon Leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices Ontario Provolone Cheese
- 16 Ontario Asparagus Spears, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
Place chicken between waxed paper; pound with mallet to flatten to 1/4-inch (5 mm) thickness.
In small bowl, combine mustard, tarragon, and salt and pepper to taste; spread evenly over rough side of each breast. Top each with cheese slice and 4 asparagus spears. Roll up chicken, letting asparagus protrude on both ends; secure with toothpicks.
Place seam side down on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Brush with a little of the butter. In small bowl, toss crumbs with remaining butter; pat onto stuffed breasts. Season with pepper.
Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes to brown topping. Remove toothpicks to serve.
Nutrients per serving
- PROTEIN: 39 grams
- FAT: 13 grams
- CARBOHYDRATE: 9 grams
- CALORIES: 313
- FIBRE: 1 gram
- SODIUM: 540 mg